Shea and Cashew Nuts
Cashew Nut Process
- Raw cashew nuts are delivered by the farmer to the factory or buyer.
- The cashew nuts are then sun-dried for a period of 1 -2 days.
- Cashew nuts are bagged in hessian (jute) sacks ready to be calibrated.
- After calibration, the cashew nuts are roasted to a particular temperature to make the shell brittle. The roasted nuts continue onto the shelling process to separate the cashew kernel from the shell.
- The product is then graded and classified as per the grading system and then vacuum packed as per the specifications of the customers for sustaining the quality/shelf life of the product for further export.
Vallis Group Responsibilities Under CMA
- Monitor the unloading, quantity, quality and storage of product received.
- Report to the bank and to issue a Warehouse Receipt for the product received.
- Ensure pledge cards are placed on all the bank’s products.
- Ensure Vallis seals are in place at the warehouse/storage facility.
- Monitor the finished product at a factory for export.
- Complete detailed and daily reporting on all stock figures.
This information and more can be viewed in Vallis’s Cashew Nut Showreel.