Shea and Cashew Nuts
The bulk of Vallis operations involving shea and cashew nuts have taken place in Ghana. However they have also been handled in Guinea Bissau, Mozambique and Nigeria.
Cashew Nut Process
- Raw cashew nuts are delivered by the farmer to the factory or buyer.
- The cashew nuts are then sun-dried for a period of 1 -2 days.
- Cashew nuts are bagged in hessian (jute) sacks ready to be calibrated.
- After calibration, the cashew nuts are roasted to a particular temperature to make the shell brittle. The roasted nuts continue onto the shelling process to separate the cashew kernel from the shell.
- The product is then graded and classified as per the grading system and then vacuum packed as per the specifications of the customers for sustaining the quality/shelf life of the product for further export.
Vallis Group Responsibilities Under CMA
- Monitor the unloading, quantity, quality and storage of product received.
- Report to the bank and to issue a Warehouse Receipt for the product received.
- Ensure pledge cards are placed on all the bank’s products.
- Ensure Vallis seals are in place at the warehouse/storage facility.
- Monitor the finished product at a factory for export.
- Complete detailed and daily reporting on all stock figures.
This information and more can be viewed in Vallis’s Cashew Nut Showreel.