Vallis partners with AgSpace to deliver affordable agri-tech solutions for farmers
GRID is the unique digital service helping farmers and their financial partners grow together, by establishing trust at a distance, and by adopting technology to grow more.
An affordable solution for monitoring farm performance in real-time, designed for farms of all sizes. Comparisons of budgeted and actual yield predictions help to benchmark farm performance. Services range from:
- Digital platform and mobile app
- Financial risk mitigation
- Big data analytics
- Crop growth performance
For financial institutions – GRID builds trust and transparency between banks, insurers, lenders, and farmers:
- The same satellite information and analysis farmers get that is used to monitor crop performance also gives financial institutions a clear picture of each farm they lend to, however remote they are
- A clear picture of each farm, however remote
- Accurate farm and field sizes, crops, and potential yields to correctly assess risk and accurately allocate capital and cover
- Improve ROI through accountability
For agribusinesses – GRID monitors crop performance on an aggregated basis across regions:
- Enterprise KPI view of serviced hectares down to region, team or agronomist. This data reduces working capital as a result of better business intelligence
- Performance comparison by region, team or agronomist leading to management and accountability
- Market analysis, trend identification enables growth of serviced market share
- Track a portfolio in terms of total hectares and total tons expected
Francesco Feliciani, Head of the Commercial Applications Section of ESA, said: “We are convinced that GRID is a game-changer in supporting farmers and associated financial services to understand the performance of farming businesses virtually everywhere in the world. This is key especially in times challenged by extreme weather events.
“We have directly witnessed how the GRID service is used by farming companies in Africa, and we are fascinated by its capability to turn complex datasets and analytics into easy to understand information through a very intuitive and appealing user interface.”
- New revenue streams
- Increase customer lifetime value
- Customer acquisition cost reduced via digital option
Connecting to GRID helps farmers, large and small, grow more through AgSpace’s market-leading Contour app. Contour is an award-winning, simple to use digital agronomy tool that helps farmers and agronomists get the best yield from every field.
It provides real-time, secure advice from agronomic experts to farmers, along with the high-resolution satellite imagery and weather data for better decision making. In partnership with The European Space Agency and Planet, AgSpace provides high-resolution satellite data with a revisit time of 1.5 days. AgSpace was the first company to incorporate radar satellite data for yield potential and crop growth stage information for their clients.
By using optical imagery to monitor irrigation effectiveness, an issue was detected early in the growing season (top left image). Action was taken and three weeks on the live green vegetation had significantly improved, but there was still a substantial difference in crop area affected (top right image).
Vallis looks forward to the prospect of forming a long-sustaining partnership with AgSpace.