Country Manager – West Africa
Vallis is after a country manager for a French speaking country in West Africa: probably Guinea or Guinea Bissau. The job description for the role is available on request.
The job is based on the following headline terms:
- Rate: £3,500 pcm paid in arrears.
- Living accommodation provided in country.
- Rotation of 10 weeks in country, 3 weeks off in UK (or preferred destination – we will cover up to the cost of flights to UK).
- French language a bonus, but not essential.
- Subsistence allowance of £500 pcm while in country, paid pro rata.
- Full Medical Insurance.
- Consultancy Contract.
- Bonuses of one additional month’s remuneration paid in deserving cases.
- Previous experience working on the African continent is a bonus.
- The work is in tough conditions and a robust character and cool head are required to meet the challenges.
- A fair amount of autonomy is granted and initiative needs to be shown by the person fulfilling the role but they will work within well-defined parameters.
- Induction programme for new people that brings them to our UK office for a week of briefings and familiarization, as well as meeting the UK staff to whom they will be working.
- Role has suited ex-service personnel from all 3 services and from a large range of backgrounds from the equivalent of corporal to major from any of the arms, services or branches. However, a military background is NOT required.
- The role is quite well suited to someone who is looking for a bit of challenge before settling down to a boring desk job and raising a family.
- The ability to work a computer with the usual Microsoft software (Outlook, Word and Excel) to a reasonable standard is essential. A reasonable standard of literacy and numeracy is also essential.
- The country manager is in effect running a small business on their own but with a lot of support from the UK head office.
We like to see all potential candidates here in Frome, Somerset at least once. If we invite someone back, we usually pay for their travel and accommodation if necessary.
Send CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and use “Application for Country Manager Role – First Name Last Name” in the subject box, please. A response will be supplied to all applicants.