The Department for International Development (DFID) in the UK uses aid to tackle the global challenges of our time including poverty and disease, mass migration, insecurity and conflict.
They focus on:
• Strengthening global peace, security and governance;
• Increasing resilience and response to crisis
• Tackling poverty;
• Helping the most vulnerable;
• Promoting global prosperity;
• Delivering value for money.
DFID works in countries across Africa, Asia and the Middle East, many of which are fragile or at risk from fragile neighbours. In addition to working directly in countries, DFID also gives UK Aid through multi-country global programmes and core contributions to multilaterals.